Friday, May 23, 2014

New version of the Box Card file

I want to thank you all again for following my blog. I have been overwhelmed by the number of people who have requested my Design Space Box Card file.



Today I have made an update to the cut file. This update will allow you to weld other images to the base. (For example you can add a scalloped edge to the flaps.)

The previous version didn't allow this as it used the score line for the base image. Design Space doesn't appear to like welding to that score line.

Rather than send over 400 emails again I have posted the link to the updated file below.

So if you haven't already requested the file you can now get it without having to post a comment!

Please remember: The file is for your PERSONAL USE ONLY and should not be shared via upload; email or in any Facebook/Yahoo or any other type of group/page.

Here is the link to the new version: https://design.cricut.com/landing/project-detail/5f6ed0fab5038d0ed0b9d9a7

There are a couple of things you will need to do to weld anything to the base.

  1. Select the base then right click and select Detach
  2. Move the image you want to weld to the base into position on the flap.
  3. Click that image and the base image and select Weld. (Use the Shift key to select multiple images.)
  4. Repeat for the second flap.
  5. Repeat for the third flap.
  6. Select all three new images and the base image, right click and select Attach.

Save your work as you go as I received a Shockwave crash error when I was testing the file and had to close my browser and start again!

I have plans for how I am going to share my files in the future, so be sure to also sign up for emails so you don’t miss that information. You’ll find the email signup box under the Followers box.

I have another cut file almost ready for release too. So if you haven't clicked the Follow this Site button, now is the time!

Thank you again for all the lovely comments I have received and I hope you like the new version of the file!


Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

Merle said...

Narelle,
This is GREAT!! Thanks so much. I will be using this for teacher cards!
Merle

Paula Puckett said...

Hi Narelle! You are one busy little crafter! A question for you please. Is it possible to download the file with the Expression? I have no other machines. I do have the Gypsy but hardly use it because of all the problems that come with it when being dependent on updates over the internet. Anyway thanks for the info. I love your blog! Will be visiting you often. God bless! Paula P.

Narelle said...

Hi Paula,

By now you should have received the email with the link to the CCR/Gypsy file. Hopefully your Gypsy is up to date enough that it has the Cricut Craft Room Basics cartridge on it. If it is, you'll be able to cut the file that way!

If not, you can follow the instructions in the video in this post to make one by hand: http://stampladee.com/revised-new-z-fold-card-in-a-box-with-deb-valder

Narelle

Susan Creech said...

Thanks a million for this file, Narelle! Your amazing!

angelbratscrapper said...

I can't wait to try your version. I made a box card the other day and I found it so frustrating. Mainly because of putting in the inserts. Thank you for your generosity.

owlbeescrappin said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I have been wanting to try a box card! Happy Crafting!

Unknown said...

Narelle,

Is it ok if I share the link to your blog for this box card to the followers on my Tucson Cricut Crafter page?

Thanks
Betty

Unknown said...

By the way... Thank you so much for taking the time to create this for all of us.

Betty

Narelle said...

Of course Betty! Feel free to share a link to the blog. :)

I have two other versions of the free box card available only on my Facebook group. A scallop version and a top note version. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CricutLoversGuide/

So feel free to have your friends join there to grab those too! :)

Narelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...