Tuesday, October 22, 2013

CRICUT: Importing .ccr and .gypsy files into Cricut Craft Room

I can’t believe I haven’t done a tutorial on this by now….. Better late than never I suppose…
Importing .ccr files and .gypsy files into CCR are done the same way…

First you’ll need to download/save the file to your computer. I’m using a file from my Facebook group but the steps are basically the same regardless of where the file resides.


  • Click on the Facebook groups title then click on the Files option

  •  Click on the Download button next to the file you want to save


  • Make sure the Save File option is selected and click OK


  •  Select the location of where you want to save the file.
You can save it to your Desktop, to your Downloads directory or to a specific directory of your choice. I created and save my files to My Document/Cricut/Projects 




  • Once your file has been saved open Cricut Craft Room
  • Click the My Projects icon on the toolbar
1

  • Click the Import button
2

  • Locate the file that you saved to your computer and click Open




The file will be imported and will appear at the top of your list of Projects

  • Highlight the file and click Open





The file will open ready for you to edit/cut




Note: If you have trouble importing a file into CCR it may be because the file size is too big.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the easy-to-follow tutorial! I usually stumble around and finally figure it out, but it's so nice to know I can now come straight to your blog for directions. No more wasted time (at least not for this reason!) Thanks again!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the file transfer instructions but my problem is after I transfer from ccr to gypsy. The looks distorted and I can't use it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...